Fear not winter goddesses; Marc Anthony shares his dry hair solutions for a long winter at its beautified best, plus a Q&A on some common but seldom addressed winter style issues.
DRY HAIR & SCALP
Winter’s lack of moisture can cause a dry, flaky scalp and as your scalp dries out so does your hair. The air around you (inside and out) also lacks moisture and as a result sucks it out of anywhere it can find it, including your hair. Hair becomes flatter and also begins to lack shine.
· Know your flakes: Be mindful of a dry scalp vs. dandruff. Dry scalp is caused by dehydration, dry heat and poor products stripping the hair, resulting in white flakes. Dandruff is actually a fungal or bacterial infection of the scalp. The flakes or skin cell clusters are large at times, greasy or waxy and are yellow or gray in colour. Anti-fungal shampoos can be horribly drying to those who don’t actually have dandruff.
· A winter cut: If you live in an exceptionally dry climate during the winter, speak to your stylist about tweaking your haircut as the lack of moisture makes your hair sit differently than it does in the more moist summer months.
· Wash less: Dare we say this? Shampoo less to keep your natural oils where they need to be. If you need a bit of a boost try a dry shampoo to trap excess oil and add a bit of body without drying your hair out. Recommended: 2nd Day Clear Dry Shampoo.
· Sans sulfate: Since sulfate free shampoos are less drying and less irritating they are much better at all times, but more so when the weather is dry. They are also good for those sensitive to allergies or eczema. Recommended: Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Shampoo - Sulfate Free.
· Moisture rich conditioner: Use a conditioner that not only conditions but adds moisture to help keep hair supple. Recommended: Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Conditioner.
Let’s talk hair. I love collection. Is just what Marc Anthony order. Is sulfate-free, perfect for my over-styled hair.
Formulated with Keratin, Grape Seed Oil and Argan Oil – the ancestral beauty secret of Morocco – it deeply penetrates to fortify, add high luster and improve manageability. Protects from damage and color fade. When you buy Argan Oil products for your hair you’re getting one of the best natural resources for healthy looking hair.
Infused with Keratin, Grape Seed Oil and Argan Oil – the ancestral beauty secret of Morocco – it helps to restore strength, protect from damage and revive shine. Plus it controls frizz and protects color. When you buy Argan Oil products for your hair you’re getting one of the best natural resources for healthy looking hair.
There are so many more reasons to have split ends in the winter due to the ongoing moisture issue. Hair is more likely to be dry which leads to more splitting and breaking.
· Quench those ends: The ends are the oldest part of your hair, the most fragile and the most likely place to break or split. Adding extra moisture on the ends is a good idea. A daily argan oil treatment is lightweight and penetrates easily to add moisture without feeling heavy or greasy.
Recommended: Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Treatment.
· Air dry inside: Though going outside with wet hair is not good for your hair, it is much worse if it ‘freezes’ since it is more likely to break. In winter prep your hair early enough to have it dry mostly naturally. Hot tools can dehydrate hair more than usual in dry weather.
Created with Mediterranean Olive Oil and Moroccan Argan Oil – the ancestral beauty secret of Morocco – it deeply penetrates to fortify, protect and condition hair. Vitamin E and Shea Butter hydrate and soften. When you buy Argan Oil products for your hair you’re getting one of the best natural resources for healthy looking hair.
The shampoo & conditioner are really creamy, no suds like regular shampoos. I even used the conditioner as pre-wash & left it on overnight for a deep conditioner treatment. I just started turning to sulfate-free products because I noticed my hair color last longer & it doesn’t dry out my hair like regular shampoo’s. The Argan Oil treatment is incredible you only need 2 drops it nourishes your hair & adds shine and moisture. I use before and after I blow dry or use any type of heat styling tools I also use it everyday to touch up my hair because is not greasy at all. I am in love with this collection. If your still using products that contain sulfates please consider using sulfate-free products it really makes a difference in your hair.
About Marc Anthony
Owner of Toronto’s trend-setting Marc Anthony Salons and winner of numerous international awards, celebrity hairstylist Marc Anthony is the creator of the comprehensive Marc Anthony True Professional® line of premium stylers, shampoos and conditioners that can be found worldwide. Today, Marc Anthony and his roster of Celebrity Stylists have become the definitive Team to the Stars for television features, trends and celebrity hair styling. They can be seen regularly at such prestigious events as the Oscars, Emmy’s, Grammy’s and Toronto’s International Film Festival; styling the manes of Royalty to A-list celebrities like the Duchess of York, Fergie, Tilda Swinton, Ellen Page, Freida Pinto, Harrison Ford, Eva Longoria, Hilary Swank, Kevin Spacey, Justin Bieber, Keanu Reeves and Jeremy Renner to name a few.
Visit www.marcanthony.com for more information on Marc Anthony Hair Care.